Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Williams Automotive Inc. in Little Rock
General Auto Repair Services
Auto AC & Heating Services
My truck's water pump gave out, and the serpentine belt flew off on the highway. I had my insurance company tow it to Williams Automotive Inc. I spoke with Jeff, and he informed me of what the damage was. He gave me a best and worse outcome for the fix. It has been my experience that when you are given two options of what may happen from an automotive shop, it's usually the more costly repair that you get to deal with, according to them, when they get back to you about it. However, surprisingly, Jeff got back to me via text with a picture of the object in question and informed me that the cheaper fix will do. I was shocked to say the least, and definitely happy about the good news. I believe they did excellent work, and gave me excellent customer service at a reasonable price. Would not hesitate to go back if/when needed.
10 out of 10 as always. The mechanics do great work, no one tries to up sell you on anything. If a new or potential problem is discovered, while your car is being repaired for the original reason it's being worked on, NO additional or surprise repairs are done without the customer's approval first. Customer service is top notch, always professional and courteous, and the customers are always greeted like family. We will not take our vehicles anywhere else.
Fair, honest, and good to deal with. They could be a bit faster on getting parts, they could be located better. But really in spite of those two things there is no one I would rather trust with my cars. I tried someplace else just to be closer to the hose. That was a huge mistake.
These guys are AMAZING!!!!! They will treat you like family and as if your car was their own. They don't upsell you on anything. They just tell it like it is, and get straight to the point of your problem. They're thoughtful, kind, generous, and they know what they do and do it well. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND them!!!!
These guys are AMAZING!!!!! They will treat you like family and as if your car was their own. They don't upsell you on anything. They just tell it like it is, and get straight to the point of your problem. They're thoughtful, kind, generous and they know what they do and do it well. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND them!!!!
Good place to take your vehicle to get worked on and not to expensive. Nice staff and fast.