Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
Discover More About Appointments and Repair Services At Williams Automotive Inc. in Little Rock
Williams Automotive Inc. Towing Services
Cost Saving Tips
what our customers say
My truck's water pump gave out, and the serpentine belt flew off on the highway. I had my insurance company tow it to Williams Automotive Inc. I spoke with Jeff, and he informed me of what the damage was. He gave me a best and worse outcome for the fix. It has been my experience that when you are given two options of what may happen from an automotive shop, it's usually the more costly repair that you get to deal with, according to them, when they get back to you about it. However, surprisingly, Jeff got back to me via text with a picture of the object in question and informed me that the cheaper fix will do. I was shocked to say the least, and definitely happy about the good news. I believe they did excellent work, and gave me excellent customer service at a reasonable price. Would not hesitate to go back if/when needed.
10 out of 10 as always. The mechanics do great work, no one tries to up sell you on anything. If a new or potential problem is discovered, while your car is being repaired for the original reason it's being worked on, NO additional or surprise repairs are done without the customer's approval first. Customer service is top notch, always professional and courteous, and the customers are always greeted like family. We will not take our vehicles anywhere else.
These guys are AMAZING!!!!! They will treat you like family and as if your car was their own. They don't upsell you on anything. They just tell it like it is, and get straight to the point of your problem. They're thoughtful, kind, generous, and they know what they do and do it well. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND them!!!!
These guys are AMAZING!!!!! They will treat you like family and as if your car was their own. They don't upsell you on anything. They just tell it like it is, and get straight to the point of your problem. They're thoughtful, kind, generous and they know what they do and do it well. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND them!!!!